Friday, May 8, 2009

Theme week 15 Juxtaposition

Sister friends and Friend sisters

The friend that is hard to get to know, but in the end is worth it.

The friend that will cry with me when I need it and the other one that will make me laugh over the same situation.

The baby sister, ten years younger, now age matters less, now friends.

The one that you really have to get to know to understand what a good friend she is.

The sister that is in little contact, but if I need her, she’ll be there. To make me a meal or clean my house.

The friends that are sisters because we share the bond of the pink t-shirt at the Komen Race.

The sister that will join me in that pink shirt this year.

The friend that sent her a card with a picture of us at last year’s race with a caption, “I’ll have another Pink Lady please.”

The sister that we think is weak and wishy-washy. She may the strongest of us all. A core of steel. Living her life just the way she needs to.

Friends who sat beside me in Kindergarten. Still friends today.

The sister that moved very far away for a very long time, but never really left me.

The friends that meet once a week for breakfast. Can’t explain why it is so important, but it is.

The friend that meets me at the end of the hall for bus duty and debriefing about our day.

The friend that teaches beside me daily and can drive me crazy, but still loves me when I go over the edge.

All my sister friends and friend sisters that know me so well and still love me. At my worst and at my best. When I’m lovable and when I’m not. They are like Marcus Pfister’s Rainbow Fish. They have all given me one of their shiny scales.


Theme week 15, Juxtaposition II

Cancer, Out The Other Side

No such thing as a bad day. If it’s not Chemo, it’s not a bad day.

Learn what is a big deal. If it’s not cancer, it’s probably not a big deal.

I’ll never complain about my hair again. O.K. That one didn’t last, but it seemed like a good idea.

Love being a strong, healthy ray of hope to others who are starting the process.

Never take energy and strength for granted.

Decide what I really want to do in my life. Do not waste my time doing what I do not want to do.

How can people hate birthdays? Birthdays are to be really celebrated.

Can I say I’m glad I had cancer? No, but I can say I’m glad I’m a survivor.

1 comment:

  1. I prefer 'Sister friends.' It has more cindylou voice. You might really want to consider that for the Eyrie. It's a wonderful group of mini-vignette snapshots and tells a story, paints a character, describes a situation with economy and grace.

    ReplyDelete